Grandma's Biscuits

Trying to make grandma's yeast biscuits just like I remember! I think grandma really didn't measure her ingredients and it had to do something with her well water or maybe you can't duplicate treasured memories.  Here are pictures from my latest try to recreate her biscuits. I do love this recipe because you don't have to wait for the biscuits to rise to cook them.

 I floured a pastry cloth to work the dough on.
The dough was pretty sticky. I believe I added a little too much flour to work in it. Never work the biscuit dough too much.





 I think grandmas made the honey butter from the left over butter that she spread on top of them.
The recipe doesn't say how long to cook them. I cooked these around 10-13 minutes. One of our best memories is to stick our finger in the middle of the biscuit and pour syrup or honey butter it it.
One of our best memories is to stick our finger in the middle of the biscuit and pour syrup or honey butter it it.

These are pretty close to grandmas' biscuits but just quite not the same.


Comments

Popular Posts