1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup milk
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
Oil for deep fry
- In a bowl (large enough to dip rosette irons into), beat eggs and sugar
- Stir in milk and vanilla
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to batter until smooth.
- Heat oil to 350-375 degrees in a deep fat fryer or electric skillet.
- Place rosette iron in hot oil for 1-2 minutes and drain oil from iron.
- Dip in batter, three-fourths up the sides of the iron. DO NOT let batter go over top of iron.
- Immediately place in hot oil and fry until golden brown, 10-30 seconds.
- Lift out of oil and drain oil. Loosen rosette with fork and push off rosette onto paper towels.
Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.